A process or set of clearly defined rules followed to support calculations or problem solving.
Finiteness - Finite number of steps
Unambiguous - Steps must be clear and lead to one meaning
• Clearly defined inputs and outputs
• Logical sequencing of steps
• Iteration - repetition of steps until results achieved
• Selection - input leading to choice of step
• Structured English
When can this be used?
• Automate calculations to improve efficiency of a process
• Design a step by step solution to solve a problem
• Supports machine learning for data analysis